Google Places with Hotpot blog

Introducing our Austin Community Manager, Whitney Francis

Thursday, March 24, 2011 | 1:27 PM

Labels: , ,

Hello, Hotpotters of Austin!

My name is Whitney Francis, and I’m happy to announce that I’ve recently joined the Google Hotpot team as Austin Community Manager! First off, I just want to say how excited I am to be representing Hotpot in one of the most unique cities in the country. Get ready to join me at some very cool upcoming events, share your favorite Austin places, and learn helpful how-to Hotpot tips. We're looking to do something for everyone: foodies, outdoor enthusiasts, dog lovers — everything that makes Austin the great city it is.


If you’re wondering more about me, I was born right here in central Texas and have lived in Austin for the past five years. In that time, I’ve worked for the National Karaoke League, covered SXSW as a reporter, and started my own blog called Free Eats Austin. I love to discover new places, and since Hotpot is all about sharing your Best Evers with friends, I thought I’d share a list of my Austin favorites with all of you!

I wouldn’t be a true Texas gal without a Texas-sized appetite for barbecue, and no one can smoke a brisket better than the guys at Franklin BBQ. Whether it’s a “Tipsy Texan” (brisket and sausage sandwich) or their fall-off-the-bone ribs, the second you try your first bite, you’re in Heaven!


Of course, if it’s a Tex-Mex craving that’s got me in its grasp, then I head straight to Polvos for a bowl of queso and their shrimp fajitas. With fresh ingredients like squash, mushrooms, and spinach, these dishes take South-of-the-Border cuisine to a whole new, mouth-watering level.

Once I’m finished indulging my gluttonous side, you may see me hitting the trail down at the Lady Bird Lake Hike and Bike, perusing the selections at BookPeople, or sipping on a Manhattan at Trifecta. And after that bit of liquid courage, it’s not at all unusual to spy me onstage at Ego’s — karaoke being my second passion, after Hotpot, of course!

That’s just a taste for now, but I’d love to hear what your Best Evers are too in the comments. Stay tuned to the blog for more from Austin, and ping me any time with questions or ideas at @GoogleATX on Twitter.

Posted by Whitney Francis, Austin Community Manager

2 comments:

xoxo said...

Sno Beach - horchata sno cone with or without cream.

suziscaramuzza said...

Welcome aboard!!