Google Places with Hotpot blog

Meet Your (Hotpot) Neighbors: James and Sara Ebenger

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 | 12:11 PM

Labels: ,

Editor’s Note: Each week we'll spotlight one of our amazing Hotpot users. Both so you guys can start to get to know one another, but also so we can pull together and share our favorite local places. Let's do this.

James pictured with daughter Sara (sporting a special L3 meetup tee!)

Location: Parma, Ohio

What is the first place you rated on Hotpot, and what did you say about it?
I rated The Great Lakes Science Center five stars and wrote about how it's really fun for kids and adults. They have a lot of hands-on experiments.

What new places have you discovered using Hotpot?
I promised my little girl Sara we could get a dog after living in our new house for a while. Well, the time came and we picked out a really awesome dog and named him Q-Tip (he's white on both ends — Sara has the best sense of humor). Since this was our first time owning a dog, I needed a groomer. I searched for groomers and was reading the reviews about Dick's Dog Wash. This place is the best. Very friendly ladies, and my dog always comes back looking and smelling good. They gave him the best mohawk.

Describe your perfect Saturday afternoon.
Saturday is the day I don't have to work and it's the best time for my little one and me to spend time together. We hit the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo or The Akron Zoo at least a few times a month. Great animals and fun activities for everyone. We also love the Cleveland Museum of Natural History and The Great Lakes Science Center.

Where can I go to get a delicious burger in your town?
I always think of two places. First is the Wagon Wheel Pub. These burgers are huge. They also carry the best pizza and wings around. Second is The Hot Dog Diner. These burgers are stacked high. You name it, they got it. They're also known for their wide range of hot dogs. The Hot Dog Diner has been featured on TV, in magazines and newspapers, and is recommended by people all over Cleveland.

What are one or two little-known gems you tell out-of-towners they have to check out?
Miss Molly's Tea Room. This place is one of Sara’s favorites. They have great food and what gets my little girl is, that no matter what you drink — tea, pop, juice — they put it in your very own tea pot. They have a great gift shop too. Second, go to a Cleveland Browns game at the Cleveland Browns Stadium. I love this team no matter what their record is. We have the best fans and the best tailgating.

What's one of your Hotpot Best Evers and why?
My favorite place is Big Fun toy store. They have everything I loved when I was a kid. Tons of toys from ’70s, ’80s and ’90s. They have old video games, toys, action figures, dolls, gag gifts and anything else you can think of. I can spend hours in this store. Really, hours. I tell everyone to go here. It brings back lots of memories. They have two locations, but my favorite is on Coventry Road. Big Fun is surrounded by other little shops and great places to eat. A great way to spend a day.

Posted by Vanessa Schneider, Hotpot Team

1 comments:

The Scheming Skeleton said...

Awesome job. I love using app. Also, Sara is going nuts. Thank you very much.